EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK : 17 Days
(Follow the Foot-print of Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary)
Region: Everest Khumbu
Duration: 17 Days
Max. Altitude: 5545 m.
Difficulty: Grade III
Group Size: 2-16
Season: April-May-June , September-October-November
Cost: US$ 1345 per person
The Everest Base Camp trek begins with an exciting mountain flight to Lukla airfield. We then begin our trek through Sherpa village, a long gurgling river and across high suspension bridges, meeting zobkyo (family of yak) caravan on the way. Entering the Sagarmatha National Park we arrive at Namche Bazaar. We continue on to the Tyangboche monastery within the imposing peak of Thamserku looming over the trail. From Tyangboche the views of Everest, Lhotse , Nuptse and Ama Dablam are sensational.This trek leading to Everest region is one of the busiest route in Nepal. We fly to Lukla and ascend the Dudh Kosi valley to the Sherpa settlement of Namche Bazaar. A day’s walk through lovely forests to the famous Buddhist monastery of Thyangboche is rewarded with views of Everest rising behind the Lhotse / Nuptse wall and the stunning peak of Ama Dablam. The peaceful village of Khumjung provides a glimpse of traditional Sherpa life. This region known as the Solu Khumbu is known around the world as the famous home of the world’s highest mountain. Mt. Everest or Sagarmatha as the Nepalese call it rises 8,848 meters into the sky.The hike to the base camp attracts trekkers from all over the Globe. This treks start and end in the closest airstrip to Everest in the town of Lukla. If you are looking for a much longer trek in this region we can start treks in the town of Jiri which is 5 days away from Lukla.
Day 01 – Arrive to Kathmandu
Day 02 – Kathmandu Sightseen Tour
Day 03 – Fly to Lukla (2804m) trek to Phakding (2610m) approx 4 hours.
Day 04 – Trek to Namche Bazzar (3441m) approx 5.30 hours
Day 05 – Acclimatization day- Namche Bazzar (3441m)
Day 06 – Trek to Tyangboche (3860 meters)
Day 07 – Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 08 – Acclimatization at Dingboche(4350m) , Trek to Chhukung (4710m) and back to Dingboche.
Day 09 – Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters)
Day 10 – Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365m) then trek back to Gorak Shep (5180m) 7 hours.
Day 11 – Trek / Climb to Kalapattar (5545 meters) then trek down to Pheriche (4240 meters)
Day 12 – Trek from Pheriche to Tyangboche (3860m) approx 4 hours.
Day 13 – Trek from Tyangboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m) approx 4 hours
Day 14 – Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2804m)- 6 Hours
Day 15 – Flight back to Kathmandu
Day 16 – Leisure/spare day in Kathmandu.
Day 17 – Departure Day
Cost Includes :
– Airport pickup and drop
– Twin sharing accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu (maximum 4 nights)
– Guided sightseeing tour in private vehicle.
– Twin sharing accommodation in lodge during the trek.
– Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), Drinks (tea, coffee) during the trek.
– Guide/Sherpa, Porters wages and their insurance.
– Trekking permit and Sagarmatha National Park entrance fees.
– Normal First Aid Kit.
– Culture Dinner Program.
– Service Charge of our office.
– Airport taxes and Nepalese visa fee.
– Meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
– Extra nights Accommodation in Kathmandu.
– Domestic flight of Kathmandu
– Lukla, Lukla-Kathmandu.
– Alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and other beverages.
– All; Trekking equipment and personal items.
– Tips for Guide/Sherpa and porters.
– Emergency medical and rescue/evacuation insurance.
– Any extra cost arose due to natural calamities, political disturbance and delay arrival etc.